What is RFID Check-in?
Basically, RFID check-in (and check-out) is an easy way to let students take care of checking in and out at a terminal rather than having the staff manually keep track of who has and has not arrived.
The benefits include:
- save staff time
- manage a school without reception staff
- send emails to parents announcing when children arrive and depart
Besides, it’s very cheap and simple to set up. The functionality is included in uTeach Cloud, all you need is a RFID reader and some RFID tags.
How to set up RFID Check-in
Have a look at this quick video for all the steps to set up the RFID tags.
Here’s a summary of the steps:
- Add RFID token to student page.
- Set up which icons you want to show on your terminal page.
- Have a terminal page open with an RFID reader attached.
- Students simply need to select the option (“Check In” or “Check Out”) and touch their RFID tag to the reader.
- Attendance will be automatically recorded and, if selected, notification sent to the student or guardian.